Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 November 2014

FOAMERS AND LOST FRIENDS


Why is it that when I post a few protests against pit bulls and other maulers, I lose another "friend" on facebook?
  • 21 people like this.
  • Wayne Webb I've had a few dogs I was very fond of, down through the years, but there's never been a dog of any kind that I couldn't give up if it meant my family's safety or the safety of my neighbors. People come first.
    17 hrs · Like · 14
  • Lisa Moyer Friends like that who needs enemies? In human behavior across the board- it is easier to make excuses than to face the truth.
    16 hrs · Edited · Like · 3
  • Jessica Turner I've lost a few friends on Facebook and it doesn't bother me one bit. I've had many "fence riders" PM me privately and say my posts have changed their view on the "it's all in how you raise 'em" theory. I'm thrilled that these folks will choose another breed when the time comes to adopt a dog. One owner of a pit X said openly that she'll lock him up when her son's friends are over now because she wasn't aware of the connection between visiting children and potential attacks. Someone needs to balance out the constant pro pit propaganda with a dose of reality... There's no reason it can't be us.
    16 hrs · Like · 13
  • Charlie Otto Lol I lose one a day.. it's like my hair... but I meet people every day.... so it's kinda like the exact opposite
    16 hrs · Like · 7
  • Betty Watkins We all do....even if it's just an oppinon..lost a friend just yesterday. That's ok I will voice my opinion and if it saves one life I don't care if I don't have a friend left. I won't back down!
    14 hrs · Like · 7
  • Legina Newman Boswell when you lose that kind you haven't lost much.
    14 hrs · Like · 7
  • Marie McGrath If you lose them over a dog, they weren't true friends to beging with.
    14 hrs · Like · 7
  • Joseph Cacace I've lost some myself. You say one bad thing about pit bulls, and you become an outcast...
    14 hrs · Like · 5
  • Jeff Borchardt They weren't your friend to begin with.
    13 hrs · Like · 2
  • Mary Brady Honeycutt Because it hits a nerve and they know it's true, they don't want to admit it. No big loss if you ask me. It's like I tell people, I'm not forcing anyone to read my post, if they don't like it then don't read it. Simple solution.
    13 hrs · Like · 5
  • Mikky Treichel Because they're afraid to hear the truth.
    13 hrs · Like · 3
  • Lisa Black It's a good way to shake off the fleas.
    13 hrs · Like · 5
  • Julie Halliday That's the way I look at it. Lol
    9 hrs · Like · 1
  • Mikky Treichel People who don't respect other people's opinions are not friends, let alone good people.
    9 hrs · Like · 4
  • Rachel Q Acosta I haven't done any public posts. I have a sister in law who just adopted ine coincidentally is when I started my research on allowing the breed in the rental lease and coincidentally found out the landlords loud obnoxious dog with adopted barrel chest bar was a PB. My SIL probably thinks I'm all wrong! Sadly this isn't the kind of thing you would wish to say I told you so, this is a tragedy waiting to happen. Better you warn them than send them consolences after the fact.
    8 hrs · Like · 3
  • Jenny Pollman Cuz they aren't real friends... That's why. I've lost a few people on here... But none that I really care enough about to lose sleep over. REAL friends respect your point of view and scroll on.
    7 hrs · Like · 7
  • Jenny Pollman I've had more people tell me how great my advocating is and thank me for it... Then so called friends I've lost. I'm making head way... And that's what matters most 
    7 hrs · Like · 3
  • Julie A. Hensley Me too but I still post. And if one of my friends has anything to say in defense of monster dogs then I unfriend them. I really hate those dogs!
    5 hrs · Like · 1
  • Anna Balsamo Its no loss. I've lost friends and unfriended people so I didn't have to read their pro pit nonsense. The funniest thing ever was a simpleminded high school student who I am not friends with who contacted my friends to tell them to unfriend me because I have an opinion about pits that doesn't match hers. I was surprised to find out she was a high school student. I thought that behavior was more typical of eighth graders...
    1 hr · Like · 1

No comments:

Post a Comment