Total Pageviews

Monday 22 December 2014

Victims do not participate in the production of the dog related content. Jeff D. Borchardt


Lynn,
I write the dog biographies as well as the dog related content. They are primarily based on my 15 years of professionally working in the animal field. Each biography is submitted to my fellow colleagues, who each have 20-40 years of professional animal experience, for review and discussion. My intent is not to make dog breed enthusiasts happy, but to convey honest information for the public to consider before acquiring a breed of dog. Each biography describes the positive and negative aspects of the breed. There is not a perfect breed, but different breeds are suitable for the needs and wants of different people.
We understand that owners of breeds can become upset when the negative traits of their favorite breeds are discussed truthfully. You are not the first person to tell me that the biography is wrong. I always ask for legitimate sources that prove the information is incorrect and after that information is thoroughly reviewed, I would be willing to make the appropriate changes. I have yet to have someone submit the sources that back up their view point. I suspect that is because it is very difficult to prove your emotional response to your favorite breed.
You can submit any of your sources for review, but please keep in mind that I do not accept the NCRC or Animal Farm Foundation as “legitimate” sources. Just so it is clear, I do not have a favorite breed and do not base my information on any sort of personal bias. I do personally own a dog that is list on the “Potentially Dangerous” list. I do not receive any compensation for the content I write for Daxton’s Friends. Victims do not participate in the production of the dog related content.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment