Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 May 2015

Heather Clemenceau---comparing humans to dogs?


For those who in convinced that dogs are a "blank slate" from birth - the studies of mono-zygotic and di-zygotic twins who are raised apart (and therefore have different environmental influences) shows that genetics and environment are both almost equally responsible for both diseases and personality traits. What this means for dogs or any animals is that personality traits, such as docility or aggression, are both innate and influenced by environment. There's no such thing as a "blank slate" in any animal. http://www.upi.com/…/Nature-vs-Nurture-Its-a…/3741432044155/
One of the longest debates in history -- nature or nurture -- has turned out to be a draw because they equally influence health, researchers say.
UPI.COM
Like · Comment · 
  • 12 people like this.
  • Sarah May Considering other breeds like retrievers & pointers DO what they are genetically predisposed to do...it makes perfect sense they are not blank slates.
  • Lynne Smith I would say its far less a blank slate in animals force bred for specific traits
  • Cindy Lorenz It can be managed in certain breeds but it is still there. My Heelers spend a lot of time staring at the cows, but know better than to jump the fence & go herd them- but, I never leave them alone outside for long. If I'm going to be gone all day, they go in a kennel. If you go to a herding trial, you will not find a Coonhound entered and I don't know anyone that takes their Pom on a Coonhunt.
  • Gwendolyn Hanan Cindy Lorenz, Bubba's girl does, I seen it!!
  • Cindy Lorenz I do have a friend that put a drafting title on her Frenchie. She had a special made tiny cart. BTW- if bully breeds get banned, I know they exclude the French Bulldogs. They are totally harmless & I really like them.
  • Cindy Lorenz I have also tried to do tracking with my Heelers but have had no luck & when I tried to get them to pull a drafting cart, they tried to turn it into the Daytona 500. In true Heeler fashion, everything needs to go FAST! It is hard to break the traits that are bred into an animal. I can't see one of the Budweiser Clydesdales winning the Kentucky Derby

No comments:

Post a Comment